Whenever a user opens a new tab in their web browser, a little icon will appear next to the site’s name; these icons are known as favicons. Despite their humble beginnings on WordPress, favicons are now showing up everywhere from browser bookmarks to iOS home screen buttons and beyond. Due to this, it is a crucial component of your brand’s identity. PrimApp’s website can be visited to know how a favicon appears. Your favicon, often known as a “site icon,” may aid customers in remembering who you are when applied properly. It can improve the site’s UX and assist increase brand awareness (UX). Understand Favicon and the process to add it through this article.
Table of Contents
Importance of Favicon
You can probably understand the value of a favicon if you’ve ever had more tabs than you can handle open at once. When a person has many tabs open in their browser, a favicon will help them immediately recognize your site:
Depending on the user’s browser settings and the number of open tabs, your site’s title may not always be displayed. A favicon is a little icon placed in a user’s bookmarks that may greatly enhance the user experience.
In addition to aiding in brand awareness, a WordPress favicon may lend an air of professionalism and authority to your site. As a result, that can boost confidence among buyers.
Your favicon will also serve as the icon for your site if a user adds your URL to their mobile device’s home screen. Your site will have a more professional look and be more memorable if you use your brand’s logo or other identifying graphics consistently throughout. Visit the site Tiptop to realize the importance of favicon for your WordPress website.
Know about how to create a Favicon
Methods for Designing a Custom Favicon for Your WordPress Site. If you’re all set with a favicon (most companies just use their logo or some variation of it), feel free to go on. In any case, let’s check out how to make your own favicon icon.
Formerly, favicons could only be made from certain ICO files. To counter this, favicons saved as ICO, PNG, or GIF files are now supported by 100% of browsers. While JPEG enjoys widespread acceptance (compare and contrast JPG and JPEG), it is not supported natively in all versions of Internet Explorer and hence is not as well suited for usage as a favicon.
One may make their own favicon with Photoshop if they are comfortable with the program. To make your own favicon icon set from an existing image, though, you may utilize a simple cloud-based application.
Additional Tips to create Favicon
- Before you begin making your favicon, there are a few design and formatting recommendations you should know about and consider. First and foremost, favicons should ideally be 512 pixels by 512 pixels.
- While WordPress requires that your favicon be square, you may use whatever shape you choose and just crop it before or after uploading it. If you upload your site icons using Customizer (which we’ll show you how to do in a moment), WordPress automatically crops them for you.
- Your favicon will appear as a 16 px square, so keep that in mind as well. So, pick an image that doesn’t lose quality when reduced in size. While it will be rendered at that size, a height and width of at least 512 pixels are recommended.
- Last but not least, before making or employing a favicon, it’s a good idea to look through Google’s recommendations. This will improve the visibility of your symbol in search results and tabs.
Steps to add Favicon to your WordPress Website
- Starting with version 4.3, all WordPress sites come equipped with the ability to upload and customize a site icon, often known as a favicon. Adding a custom favicon to your WordPress site couldn’t be easier or faster using this technique.
- Just make sure your image is at least 512 pixels on each side. The remainder of the work will be completed by WordPress automatically. To begin, navigate to Appearance > Customise in your WordPress dashboard. Click the Site Identity menu item there.
- When you get to the area labeled Site Icon, click the Select site icon button. A window with WordPress’s standard Media Library interface should appear. A picture may be selected from your Media Library or a new one can be uploaded. Make sure the.zip file you obtained from RealFaviconGenerator is unpacked before proceeding with creating your favicon.
- Choose Select from the menu that appears in the bottom right corner of the screen once you find an appropriate image.
- In the event that your image isn’t exactly 512 pixels on a side, WordPress will offer you the ability to crop it on the following screen.
- Select the area of the image you wish to use as your icon within the box. On the right side of the user interface, you may get a preview of your cropped image.
- Once you’ve made your selection and are satisfied with how it looks, select Crop Image to commit.
- Okay, that’s all there is to it. To make your favicon public, simply click the Save & Publish button. This interface will still be here whenever you need to make a new favicon.
In conclusion, If you use WordPress, a favicon may do wonders for your brand awareness and the user experience of your website. You may easily add one, and there are plenty to pick from.